The first step to achieving your best score for the residency of your choice.
From Wards to Boards. Time to get your thoughts back to theory.
Hang in there – it is the last one.
Step 3: Program Offers
Through our years of experience working with Step 3 students, we know that getting back to the basics of medicine for board purposes can be a challenge. The way medicine is practiced is not always the way questions, that are also written by PhDs, are designed. You need a strategy, which is our Method©, that enables you to answer board questions using reasoning and critical thinking. It puts you in control of the questions and the questions stop controlling you. You will improve your efficiency at mastering USMLE (MD) and COMLEX (DO) style questions.
All our programs’ curriculums are designed by MDs, DOs, PhDs and Medical Education Learning Specialists. Our panel of experts collaborated to build a syllabus of high-yield content taught in a tactile-learning (no lectures) environment for long-term understanding of concepts. It is this understanding (not memorizing) of content that assists students in the integration and reasoning that is required when answering correctly 300+ questions on exam day.
This program offers:
- 35 years of experience – we are the original “Kansas City” program
- Exclusive to our program, an Evidence-based Method© to answering Board questions correctly
- Intense review of board-type questions to fine-tune your knowledge and fully prepare you for your exam
- For our Osteopathic students: OMM review with our OMM specialist
- Individual sessions with Instructors
- Individual study plan while in program
- Detailed schedule and guidance on how to spend out of class time
- Post-program individual study plan
- System Based Supplemental Instruction™ (Our tactile classroom)
- Test stress workshop
- Wellness program
- CCS sessions for MD students
- NBME exam for MD students
- COMSAE exam for DO students
- Multiple Mock Board Exams
- Individual analysis of your Mock Board results (based on our extensive research where students lose points on the exam – our analysis looks at many variables – not just your subject strengths and weaknesses.)
- Unlimited use of study rooms
- Small class size
- Chair massage
- Fully flexible adapting to each student’s strengths and weaknesses
The Fun Stuff:
- Birthday cake on your birthday, (if there are no birthdays during the program we bring in “happy day” cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory)
- Pizza at Orientation
- BBQ lunch the last day of the program (Kansas City was voted the best BBQ in the USA!)
- Vegetarian and Vegan meals
- Cookies, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, provided in classrooms
- Juice bar (vegetables and fruit) upon request
It was wonderful to work with the St. Louis School of Medicine again. Good luck on your exams, we’re thinking of you.